After the first week of the 2012/13 school year, I have been really impressed by how all of you sixth graders have dived headfirst into the beginning of the school year.
We have already thought about what a writing workshop looks, sounds, and feels like. We have used the I See, I Think, I Wonder, thinking routine to discuss the Ronald Wallace poem, "You Can't Write A Poem About McDonalds." Finally you have all attempted your own 1st drafts of a poem.
I am impressed by how immersed in reading you all seem to be during our Silent Sustained Reading periods.
I will be using this blog about the 2012/13 Wildcat Humanities class to reflect, discuss, and share some of what we do throughout the year. I hope this helps all of you to do some of your own reflecting, as well as giving your families an opportunity to see what we are doing in class.
I will also use this space to post homework, and class handouts.
No comments:
Post a Comment